All my Poetry is copy written. I customize poetry for any occasion, and make cards and frames as well. "Writing the Pages of my Life" is the book I published in 2006 and can be found on Amazon.com Thank you for your support Diane Goodrich ~ 408-219-7056
Tuesday, August 4, 2015
Every step I took ~ a silent prayer,
For those who suffer this cruel disease
Every dollar raised ~ a tear drop
For survivors; for those deceased
Together we can make a difference
Your support gave me the strength to endure
Teaching me there’s no comparison
To those who suffer ~ oh so much more
Every step that I took ~ with purpose
To help prevent cancer attacking every 3 minutes
I proudly walked to make a difference
That’s why I am “in it, to end it”
I walked so that my beautiful granddaughter
Might never, never be
Part of a statistic or a measurement
Of those 3 minute facts of the disease
So my 39.3 miles meant so much more
than just walking
It’s a statement ~ meaning
“together we can overcome”
It means that blisters don’t need chemo
So we will walk on……and on ….and on
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment